Saturday, January 15, 2005

the days are getting longer

so quiet and so early. six o'clock on a saturday morning feels so much earlier than it does during the week. only the occasional car on the road outside. am headed to the Farm in an hour or so, delaying my usual thursday/friday departure until now because the house is full of my Boy and his NYU friends, sprawling into every corner of my treasured abode. i realize how much of a personal, private sanctuary it has become for me as others use it. having anyone there, even my Boy or my Girl, is making my insides plain, myself known. if the beds are unmade, the furniture moved, (which they will be) the refrigerator full of food i didn't buy, i have to fight the feeling of chaos that hovers over me until i can "put it to rights" again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home